In Clear Impact Scorecard, a calendar is a collection of time periods such as months or quarters for which data points can be entered. Daily, weekly or bi-weekly reporting frequencies are not available.
The Calendar Manager allows you to create new reporting frequencies for Indicators and Performance Measures.
To access the Calendar Manager, select the menu item under Admin. Once a calendar has been created it cannot be edited, only deleted.
Calendars can only be deleted if there are no Indicators or Performance Measures are using the calendar frequency.
If you wish to delete a Calendar that already has data entered for it, you must first change the reporting frequency of the Indicators or Performance Measure that has data entered on the calendar.
To find out which Indicator or Performance Measure is preventing you from deleting a Calendar, select the Delete button and a modal box will pop-up confirming the deletion, telling you why it cannot be deleted.
If you wish to add a custom calendar for reporting data on a non-standard reporting frequency, select the Add New Calendar button. New custom calendars can have up to 12 (monthly) reporting periods per year.
1. Title - The name of the calendar that users will see in the dropdown on Indicators and Performance Measures when selecting what frequency to report on.
2. Annual Periods - The number of times you will report data in one calendar year. (i.e. Monthly = 12, Quarterly = 4, Annually = 1, etc).
3. Annual Start Date - The calendar day on which the custom calendar should start. If your fiscal year starts on July 1st then enter 07/01
4. Prefix - There can be up to 3 letters that will appear before the time periods. For Fiscal Year, most users enter "FY" - so, on the scorecard and graphs, it will denotes that it is being monitored on a fiscal calendar. (i.e. FY 2017 is how it will display)
5. Enter each field and click Save to create the new calendar.
Once a calendar has been created you can change the name of each individual time period. For example you can update time a monthly calendar from Jan 2017 to 01-2017 or update a fiscal year from FY 2017 to FY 17/18.
To update the time period names follow these steps:
* Note - custom time period titles can only be 10 characters long to not interfere with the way they display throughout the software.