Creating bar charts in Clear Impact Scorecard using the custom reporting module
Lesson 3-1 Creating a Bar Chart
Goal - The goal of this lesson is to create a report that has a Bar Chart that shows the values of two Performance Measures over time.
- Click Reports on the main menu
- Click on the New Report menu item
- On the "Data Sources" tab. Select the checkbox next to PerfMeasures, PerfMeasureValues, and TimePeriods from the Performance Measure and Data categories.
- Click on the "Chart" tab. This is where we create charts.
- Click on the "Chart Type" drop down box and choose "Bar" for the chart type.
- Click on the "Label" drop down box and select "StartDate" from the TimePeriods table
- For the "Label" function select "Group (Year)" from the drop down box.
- We use Year in this case since in our example we are using an annual measure. You can select other groupings based on your reporting frequency.
- Click on the "Value" drop down box and select "ActualValue" for our value field.
- For the "Value" function select "Average" from the drop down box. (since in our example we doing a %. For currency and values use sum)
- Click on the sort checkbox for the value field.
- Click on the "Advanced Properties" button.
- Click on the "Separator" drop down box and select "Title" from the PerfMeasure table
- Make sure that the legend check box is selected.
- Now let's choose which Measure the report should display data for using a filter, select the Filters tab.
- Select ID from the PerfMeasure table for the filter field
- Select Equals for the Operator
- Enter the ID of the PerfMeasure you want to report on in the Values field
- Note - you can enter more than one ID by separating the ID's by a comma to display multiple bars. (i.e. 1234,1235)
- Click on the "Preview" tab so you can view the report. Let's add a title to this report.
- Click on the "Misc" tab.
- In the "Title" text box enter your title.
- Click the "Preview" tab. Now the Report is titled. Let's Save it.
- Click on the "Save as" tool bar button, name your report, for example "Lesson 3-1", and enter the category you want the report to be shown under, for example "Training", click ok. The custom report is saved.
Figure 7. Screen shot from report made in Lesson 3-1
Lesson 3-2 Advanced Bar Chart Report
Goal - The goal of this lesson is to modify the bar chart created in Lesson 3-1 by adding a target value line to the data and resizing the graph to fit the full view.
- Click on the "Chart" tab.
- Click on the "Advanced Properties" button (if you haven't already)
- For the Line Value dropdown select "TargetValue"
- For the Line Value function select Average
- In the scale % field enter 130. This will scale the graph larger by 30%.
- Click the "Preview" tab.
- You will now see the graph with two additional lines added to it.
- Click on the "Save as" tool bar button, name your report, for example "Lesson 3-2", and enter the category you want the report to be shown under, for example "Training", click ok. The custom report is saved.
Figure 8. Screen shot from report made in Lesson 3-2