The users module allows you to customize access to various scorecard features and data sets
The Users module is responsible for adding and maintaining user accounts and access to your Clear Impact Scorecard site. The number of users you can have is limited by your licensed user count on the Billing tab (Visible to Instance Admins only).
1. The Add New User button allows you to create new users. If no licenses are available you will not be able to add a new user until you upgrade your account or make an existing user inactive
2. The Add Existing User button allows you to add a user who already has a Clear Impact Scorecard account with another organization
3. The edit button allows you to change user options and reset their password. The dropdown arrow also gives you the option to deactivate a user.
4. The search function allows you to quickly search for a user to edit
Add a New User
To add a new user to your Clear Impact Scorecard site:
1. Select the Add New User button from the Users list page.
2. Fill out the Email address, First Name, and Last Name of the user. Make sure to double check that the Email Address is correct since this will be the username the person logs in with and receives their credentials at.
3. Select the appropriate access control. You can use one of the quickset buttons to speed up the process and then customize from there. For an explanation of each role click on the question mark next to the item or see the complete list below.
4. Select the appropriate scorecards that the user should be able to access. This tab does not appear if the user is given the "All Scorecards" user role. Note - if a user has access to a scorecard then they will also have access to view or edit (depending on their access control) all the scorecard objects that are on that scorecard. The scorecard object lists will also be filtered to only give the user access to content placed on the scorecards they have access to. If a scorecard object is not on a scorecard the user will not be able to view or edit that object.
5. When you are done select the Save button. When a user is successfully saved an email will be sent to the user with their login credentials. If they do not receive the email within 10 minutes have them check their spam filter for an email coming from email@example.com.
Edit a User
To edit a user select the edit button next to the user's name on the user list. From the edit page you can reset the user's password, mark them as inactive, change their scorecard access, and update their access privileges. For additional details on each of those see the appropriate section of this article.
Delete/Deactivate a User
You cannot delete a user in Clear Impact Scorecard since they may be assigned Actions, Tasks, etc as well as have commentary and other edits throughout the software. Clear Impact Scorecard must maintain a log of their activity and therefore cannot be fully deleted. If you wish to remove a user from your instance you can deactivate them. Deactivated users will not be able to log in to Clear Impact Scorecard and do not count against your licensed users. You can have as many deactivated users on your instance as needed. To deactivate a user, follow these steps.
1. Navigate to Admin --> Users
2. Select the dropdown arrow for the user's record
3. Select Deactivate
Reset User Password
There are two ways to reset a user's password. The first way can be done through the administration/users page. And the second is using the forgot password button on the login page.
1. Navigate to Admin --> Users
2. Select the dropdown arrow for the user's record
3. Select Reset Password
4. The temporary password will then be emailed to the user and be displayed on the screen so you can copy the password and give it to them if there is a problem with emails being received.
End User Method
1. On the Clear Impact Scorecard login page select the forgot password button
2. Enter your username
3. An email will then be emailed to the user with a new password
User Privileges (Roles)
The access control section of a user account has many options for customizing access throughout the Clear Impact Scorecard system. By enabling or disabling these user privileges you can control what users can do in the system.
This permission will allow users to comment on scorecard objects using the comments section. (Feature coming soon)
Edit Scorecard Object Notes
This permission will allow a user to edit all the notes on the presentation views of all the scorecard objects that they have access to. This permission also gives the user the ability to use the Turn the Curve wizard on any measure they can view.
This permission gives the user the ability to see and use the embed code for scorecard objects. If the user also has the Add/Edit Scorecard Objects role they will be able to turn on and off the embed feature for scorecards.
Note – Even with this role the embed code will only be accessible for objects that have embed enabled on a scorecard they belong to.
Add/Edit Scorecard Objects
This permission gives a user the ability to edit and create new scorecard objects. This includes Scorecards, Results, Indicators, Programs, Performance Measures, and Tags. This permission also gives the user the ability to run the Population Result Tutorial and Program Performance Measure Tutorial.
Delete Scorecard Objects
Users with this permission can delete any scorecard objects that they have access to.
This permission gives a user the ability to edit and create new Actions.
Users with this permission can delete any Actions that they have access to.
This permission gives the user the ability to access the Add Data Values module through the scorecard by clicking on the Indicator or Performance Measure icon on the left side and selecting "Add Data Values". They are not able to change any details of measures but can enter data values.
Update Action Status
If a user has this permission they can add and edit Action statuses on the Action presentation view.
If a user has this permission they can add and edit To-Do's on the Action presentation view.
This permission grants access to the Settings administration page. On this page the user can change organization name, site time zone, date culture, site logo, and the administration message.
This permission grants access to the Users administration page and the ability to add and edit other users.
This permission grants access to the Scorecard Defaults, Default Note Editor, Action Custom Fields, and Global Color Bands administration pages. Users with this permission can customize how scorecard objects and color bands are configured when they are created to save time when building scorecards.
This permission grants access to the Language Editor administration page.
This permission grants access to the Calendar Manager administration page.
This permission grants access to the Import/Export administration page. Currently this gives the user the ability to import data values from CSV files. Users with this permission can also see additional export options throughout the software for exporting large quantities of data not accessible to other users.
This permission grants the user the ability to see every scorecard and scorecard object in the site regardless of other settings. Users without this permission will only be able to see scorecard objects that are linked to scorecards they have access to. If a scorecard object is not linked to a scorecard then only users with the All Scorecards privilege will be able to see it.
If a user does not have the All Scorecards privilege they will need to have scorecards assigned to them on the Scorecards tab of the create/edit user view.
IMPORTANT - This permission gives this user access to reports which may contain data they would not normally be able to see through Scorecard based security since reports are custom written. This permission grants access to the Reports module page. This gives the user the ability to view reports and adjust the filters on existing reports.
IMPORTANT - This permission gives this user access to reports which may contain data they would not normally be able to see through Scorecard based security since reports are custom written. This role gives the user permission to view, add, edit, and delete custom reports. Custom reports designing requires a technical understanding of databases and table joins to effectively use, it is recommended you ask someone with this expertise in your organization for help.
The instance administrator role is a special security role that allows the user to access and make changes to high security portions of your instance. These include your API key, Billing, Partner Connect, and, if you have multiple instances, all the Multi-Site Tools menu items as well.