Build out a scorecard all in one place
The Scorecard Fast builder is the edit mode of a scorecard. It is a great tool for getting your scorecards up and running quickly without many repetitive clicks.
The Fast Builder gives you the ability to quickly add and make changes to all the scorecard objects on that specific scorecard.
To open the Fast Builder, simply click Edit next to any scorecard in the scorecard list, or the edit button while viewing a scorecard. Changes made to objects on the Fast Builder will be reflected on the object even if they exist on other scorecards. For example, if you remove an Indicator relationship from a Result on the Fast Builder that Indicator will no longer be linked to that Result on any other Scorecard.
1. User Tab - This is where you can assign users the ability to see this scorecard. If the user has the All Scorecards privilege, they will not appear in the users tab since they always have access to every scorecard. This can also be, and often is, set up on the edit user page.
2. Name - This reflects the name of your scorecard. It will display in the dropdown list and on the scorecard list page.
3. Description - A description provides context about the Scorecard. It will display under the Scorecard name when viewed. Maximum 250 characters.
4. Parent Scorecard - The parent scorecard option allows you to organize your scorecards into a hierarchy by having many levels of parent/child scorecards. Selecting a Parent Scorecard will place this scorecard in an expanded dropdown subset of the parent in any Scorecard lists.
5. Partner Connect - This checkbox determines whether or not this Scorecard and all the scorecard objects that are linked to it will be shared through a Partner Connection. For more information check out the Partner Connect support page.
6. Enable Embed - The Enable Embed checkbox determines whether or not this scorecard and all the scorecard objects that are linked to it can be embedded. For more information about embedding scorecard objects check out the Embed Objects support page.
7. Scorecard Columns Toggle - The column toggles determine what Scorecard columns will display on this scorecard. If the switch says On then the column will display when this scorecard is viewed. A maximum of 6 columns may be enabled at any one time.
8. Results bar - The Results section of the Fast Builder is responsible for housing and managing all the Results, Indicators and Nested Programs and Performance Measures. Note: Programs and their Performance Measures only display in this section if they are nested under a specific Result. Most Programs will display below in the Programs section of the scorecard.
9. Add New or Existing - The New Result and Existing buttons will add more Results to this section of the Scorecard. Adding an existing Result will also add any existing Indicators that are related to that Result. (Note: This is also the case for Indicators, Programs and Performance Measures.)
10. Remove - The X icon will remove a scorecard object from the scorecard. Objects cannot be deleted from the fast builder view and instead the relationship is simply removed from the scorecard. The three dots icon is a drag handle. Use this hand to drag and drop objects around the scorecard to change the order in which they display on the scorecard.
11. Scorecard Divider - The scorecard divider section allows you to add a name and set the color of the scorecard divider that will appear above this Result. If no divider exists there will be an add divider button to allow you to add one.
12. Tag Box - The tag entry box displays for each scorecard object. To add a tag to an object, start typing the tag in this box.
If the tag already exists you will be able to select it from the list that appears. If you need to create a new tag simply press space after you have entered the tag and a pop-up will appear to help you finish the process of creating the new tag. Each object can have a maximum of 5 tags and the first tag (primary tag) is the one that will display with the object on the scorecard. The other 4 tags are used only for categorizing purposes.
13. Indicator - The Indicator configuration section lets you change the options for many Indicators quickly. Hovering over any of these boxes will open a help tip that tells you what each one is. The Frequency dropdown is grayed out and cannot be changed if Data Values have been entered for that Indicator.
14. Nested Program - You can create Programs (and Performance Measures) directly associated to your Result. We call these "nested Programs". This section of the Fast Builder is responsible for housing and managing the Programs and Performance Measures that are directly related to this Scorecard.
15. Performance Measures - The Performance Measure configuration section lets you change the options for many Indicators quickly. Hovering over any of these boxes will open a help tip that tells you what each one is. The Frequency dropdown is grayed out and cannot be changed if Data Values have been entered for that Performance Measure.