Steps to build the path for pushing partner data from Compyle sites to the lead agency Scorecard measures.
This process will involve switching sites and products in order to set up the connections. These steps require you to have set up scorecards for each partner in the lead agency site for sharing with the partners. Clearly naming and tagging the partner scorecards in the lead agency site is strongly recommended so they are easier to find and share. Additionally, if the reporting period will be a custom calendar, such as fiscal year, you will need to make sure that custom calendar is present in each of the partner sites as well as the lead agency site.
Getting A List of Partner Sites: Control - Lead Agency
You will need the name and the site code for each of the partner sites to set up Partner Connect for sharing scorecards and measures, to identify the source of shared measures, and to verify the Compyle-to-Scorecard feeds.
1. Open Clear Impact Control.
2. Use the Site Menu in the top right to select the Lead Agency instance.
3. Expand the Clients menu.
4. Select List.
5. Save a copy of the list
- Save to PDF: Right click your mouse. In the menu that opens, choose Print. For Print to, choose the PDF option. Save the file.
- Save to Spreadsheet: Select the list text. Copy it. Paste into Excel or Google Sheets.
Connect the Lead Agency & Partner Scorecard Sites: Scorecard: Partner Connect - Lead Agency
In order to see measure values from the partner sites, the lead agency needs the partners to share scorecards and measures with them. Similarly, for the partners to know what they need to report and how the collaborative efforts are going, the partners need the lead agency to share scorecards and measures with them. For more information about Partner Connect see the main article.
1. Open Scorecard
2. Check the Sites menu to make sure you're in the Lead Agency site
3. Gear menu > Partner Connect
4. Review the Organizations Sharing Content With You list to make sure all of your partner sites are listed. Note any missing ones.
5. For each Missing Partner Site:
5a. Enter the Code for one partner not in the Organizations Sharing Content With You list.
5b. Click the Request Connection button.
5c. Watch for the success for the Success message at the top.
5d. If you see a red warning about code not found, reenter the code and try again.
6. Recheck the Organizations Sharing Content With You list, looking for partners with Awaiting Approval status.
7. For each Partner Site that is Awaiting Approval: - Scorecard: Partner Connect - Partner Agency
7a. Go to the Partner Site using the Sites menu in the top right.
7b. Gear menu > Partner Connect
7c. In the Organizations Sharing Content With You list, find the Lead Agency site and click Approve.
7d. In the Organizations With Access to Your Shared Content list, find the Lead Agency site and click Approve.
7e. Repeat for each of the partner sites as needed.
8. Return to the lead agency site using the Sites menu. - Scorecard: Lead Agency
9. Gear menu > Partner Connect
10. Review the list of Scorecards You Are Sharing and note any partner sites without a shared scorecard.
11. In the Organizations With Access to Your Shared Content list, find the partner and click the Edit action button.
12. When the Edit Partner Connection page opens, you will see a Cannot Access list of unshared scorecards and a Has Access To list of shared ones. If the partner agency's reporting scorecard is not in the Has Access To list, you will need to add it.
13. To share the partner's reporting scorecard, find the Scorecard in the Cannot Access list.
14. Click on the name of the scorecard to move it to the Has Access To list.
15. Save the change.
16. Review the list of Scorecards You Are Sharing and see that the partner agency now has access to the scorecard you just shared with them.
17. Repeat as needed for each of the other partners.
Add Local Performance Measures to Partner Scorecard Sites: Scorecard: Partner Agency Site
Now that the reporting scorecard and measures from the lead agency have been shared with the partner site, we can create local measures in the partner agency site.
The shared measures from the lead agency are visible to the partner but cannot be edited by the partner. The partner will enter their reporting data in the local measures, either manually or through Compyle-to-Scorecard Feeds. The partner will share the local measures scorecard with the lead agency. The lead agency will use the shared local partner measures as disaggregated child measures for calculated measures that aggregate data across multiple partner sites.
1. Open a partner agency's Scorecard site.
2. Create a new Scorecard for capturing local performance measures and viewing the shared reporting measures.
2a. In the top nav bar, Objects > Scorecards
2b. Use the +Add New button to start a new scorecard
2c. Name the new scorecard with the partner agency name and "local" so it will be easy to identify and share.
2d. Click the Create button to finish making the new scorecard
3. Edit the new scorecard (It will automatically open in Edit mode after creation.)
4. Click the + Existing Container button to open the Add Container(s) popup.
5. In the Instance dropdown, select the lead agency.
6. Click the Search button to look for containers shared by the lead agency.
7. Select the container(s) from the lead agency.
8. Click the Add button to add them to the local measures scorecard for reference. The shared container will display in the Containers section, and each shared measure will be tagged with the lead agency site code.
9. On the local measures scorecard, click the + New Container button.
10. In the Add Container popup, name the new container and click the Add button.
11. In the new container, create local measures that match the shared reporting measures from the lead agency. Add tags to clearly identify the measures.
11a. Click the +New Measure button in the new container.
11b. Set the measure type to match the shared measure's type.
11c. Enter a name for the measure. You can copy and paste the name from the shared measure
11d. Set the reporting period to match the shared measure's reporting period. If the shared measure's reporting period is not an option in the dropdown, you will need to go to Gear menu > Reporting Frequencies and Add Custom calendar.
11e. Enter tags for the measure so you can find it easily later.
11f. Save the new measure.
12. Repeat for each of the additional shared measures until each shared lead agency measure has a matching local partner measure.
13. Optional: create dividers to separate the lead agency shared measures from the local partner measures.
14. Use Partner Connect to share the new local scorecard with the lead agency.
14a . Gear menu > Partner Connect
14b. In the Organizations with Access to Your Shared Data list, find the lead agency and click the Edit action button.
14c. When the Edit Partner Connect page opens, find the new local partner scorecard in the Cannot Access list.
14d. Click the scorecard name to move it to the Has Access To list.
14 e. Save the change.
15. Review the Scorecard You are Currently Sharing list to confirm the share saved.
Alternatively, Clear Impact staff can copy scorecards from one instance to another, and implementation technical assistance hours can be used for copying the partner reporting measure scorecards from the lead agency's Scorecard site to each of the partner's Scorecard site.
Adding Calculated Measures to Aggregate Partners' Data: Scorecard - Lead Agency
Once the partner's local measure scorecard has been shared with the lead agency, you can create calculated measures in the lead agency site that use the shared partners' local measures as disaggregated child measures. This allows the lead agency to summarize data across multiple partner agencies.
1. Open the Scorecard for the lead agency. (Check the Sites menu in the top nav bar to confirm.)
2. Select the scorecard where the aggregate measures will be tracked or create a new scorecard if one does not exist.
3. Edit the scorecard.
4. Open or create a new container for the aggregate measures.
5. Add a new measure for each type of partner reporting measure that you need to aggregate and set them to the same reporting period as the local partner shared measures.
6. After adding and saving the new measures, click the Back to Scorecard button at the top.
7. Make one of the new measures a calculated, parent measure.
7a. Click on the name of the measure from the scorecard view.
7b. Edit the measure.
7c. Select Data Properties in the top left menu.
7d. Choose a Calculation Type option.
7d. Save the measure properties. Do this before adding disaggregated child measures.
8. Under Relationships, click the + Existing Measures button.
9. Add a measure from a partner agency site in the Add Measure popup
9a. Set the Instance to the partner agency site.
9b. Set the Relationship to Disaggregated - Child
9c. Click the Search button.
9d. Check the box for the measure.
9e. Click the Add button.
10. Repeat for each of the other partner agency sites that contribute to this measure.
11. Edit each of the other aggregate measures, making sure to set the Calculation Type before adding the disaggregated measures so that their relationship will be set correctly.
Creating Compyle-to-Scorecard Feeds to Send Partner Data to Local Partner Measure: Compyle - Partner Agency
Once the local partner agency measures are in the partner's Scorecard site, you can create Compyle-to-Scorecard Feeds to transfer data to those measures.
See Creating a Scorecard Feed for details.